Monday, March 11, 2024

Two litres of Greek sunshine on a sunny autumn day

 


 

 

Retsina, a Greek resinated white wine, which has been made for at least 2,000 years, is very much an acquired taste because of its unique flavour which originated from the practice of sealing wine vessels, particularly amphorae, with Aleppo Pine resin in ancient times.

I acquired my taste for retsina during my Greek salad days all those many years ago when I was still able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. I pour myself a glass of it every time I think back to those glorious days in Greece and elsewhere, and to remind myself of how grateful I ought to be for all the good things that have happened to me in my life.

Another sunny autumn day is drawing to a close and it's time to go back inside and double down on my reminiscences by watching "Never on Sunday" with the unforgettable Melina Mercouri.

 

 

Στην υγειά σου! (Stin iyá su) “To your health!”

 

P.S. Oh, and did I tell tell that we went into the Bay this morning where in a sudden rush of blood to the head I bought a new car? I didn't? I will tell you more about it on Wednesday when we take delivery of it!