Sunday, March 17, 2024

I love a rainy night

 

 

I love a rainy day even more because it gives me an excuse not to sit on my ride-on and cut the constantly-growing grass but instead sit in my library among my books which constantly beg me to be read.

I first heard - and heard of - Eddie Rabbitt during my "Singaporean days" when I used to stay at the Raffles and supervise grain transhipments at Sembawang for my Saudi boss. Until that time I had been listening to the pop music of the eighteenth century - you know, Mozart's "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" and all that - but Singapore was awash with the sound of Eddie Rabbitt at the time and he had become something of an earworm.

 

 

I don't know what happened to Eddie Rabbitt since then but the music of Mozart is still around. I'm in my library among my books; I've popped "The Best of Mozart" on the record player; and I've started to read one of the many books still left on the shelf labelled "Books I pretend to have read".

It's going to be long rainy day - possibly even a long rainy night.