Saturday, January 6, 2024

Thank you, Molly!

 

Dr Molly Wilcox

 

We were not due for our usual six-monthly dental check-up for another seven weeks when Padma developed some sort of gum infection which gave her lots of pain. We tried to contact our usual dentist in Ulladulla but he was still on his Christmas/New Year holidays.

A neighbour recommended an Irish dentist in the Bay, so, knowing that Padma was a fan of Foster and Allen (look it up, Des!), I tried to make an appointment and we got in twenty-four hours later. I'm so glad we did!

Padma never got to hear the dentist sing "Maggie", but another member of the team at Tidy Tooth Dental, Dr Molly Wilcox, promptly anaesthetised, x-rayed, and then lanced and drained the infection (I hope I'm using all the right medical terms), and I'm happy to report that twenty-four hours and a good-night sleep later the domestic heavens are aligned again.

Thank you, Maggie - ahem! - Molly, your treatment was a treat!

 


 

P.S. Of course, I accompanied Padma on her visit to the dentist but I kept my mouth shut. I wished I could've also kept my ears shut because the dentist's practice is on busy Beach Road with its constant stream of cars. It overlooks the pretty Clyde River estuary (maybe it's already the bay in what they call Batemans Bay but I just wanted to use the word "estuary") which may explain the many million-dollar high-rise units popping up all along the road but all that traffic is not my idea of peaceful seaside living.

The white building on the corner is Tidy Tooth Dental.
Click on GOOGLE Map and scroll right round for a 360-degree view.