Wednesday, October 4, 2023

A biopsy is better than an autopsy

 

After our usual dose of Vitamin P in the heated pool, we spent the rest of the day in Ulladulla and Mollymook where my friendly dermatologist gave me a liberal dose of cryotherapy on my nose, my face, and up and down one leg, to say nothing of the biopsy he took off my shin. It hurt but it was still better than an autopsy.

Having one leg stitched up gives me the perfect excuse to sit still and get stuck into the books I picked up from the Milton Ulladulla Uniting Church op-shop on our way back: "The Sweet Spot - How Australia made its own Luck - and could now throw it all away" by Peter Hartcher; "I Believe This - 100 eminent Australians face life's biggest questions" edited by John Marsden; Richard Dawkins' "The Greatest Show on Earth - The Evidence for Evolution"; and another classic by Hugh Mackay, "The Good Life - What Makes Life Worth Living?" As you can tell, I'm more interested in history than fiction; not that there's much difference since fiction is history which might have happened while history is fiction which did happen.