Saturday, December 9, 2023

Sail Ho!

 

 

The last time I sailed in Indonesian waters was in 2009 aboard a traditional PERAMA boat, sailing from Lombok to Flores and back - click here.

 

 

I shared the only cabin - which was no bigger than a broom cupboard - with a Dutchman who turned out to be a tax inspector. No need to guess what we talked about as the sweltering heat kept us awake at night.

 

The Dutchman occupied the bottom bunk as evidenced by the one shoe
(did I also mention that he had only one leg?)

 

Anyway, all this was fourteen years go, and as I thought back to this memorable trip today, I searched on YouTube and found a Captain Kevin from Portland, Oregon, charting a similar course single-handedly on his Hallberg Rassy 36 "Lena May".

I really enjoyed watching his video clips and I thought you might too, so here they are: click here.