Sunday, March 17, 2024

Never on Sunday

 

 

A former girlfriend in Germany sent me a whole pile of old letters and aerogrammes - remember aerogrammes? - which I had written her since the day I left Germany in 1965 and again from early 1984 after I had attended my father's funeral in Germany and had revisited her.

They make for some interesting reading and bring back many memories, some which I had forgotten and others which I had been trying to forget.

They also included some old photos such as this one of me in my favourite bar in Piraeus with my favourite barmaid, Lindelia Konionikoli, after a long day in the office. It was just around the corner from my apartment at Boudouri 2 at Marina Zea. Good memories from the good old days!

 

P.S. Read also "Armchair-travelling on a cold day".