Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Call me Arthur Hoggett!

 

 

Our twice-weekly visit to the pool not only refreshes our bodies but also our minds as we always find plenty to talk about with our fellow-"aquanauts", and today's visit was no exception.

After exchanging a few words with a Yorkshireman whom I had not met before, he said that I reminded him of someone in the movie "Babe".

All I could remember from that movie was the pig, so I ask, "What, I remind you of Babe the Pig?" "I was thinking of its owner", he replied.

 

Farmer Arthur Hoggett in the movie "Babe"

 

When we got home, I immediately looked up "Babe" on YouTube, and there was farmer Arthur Hoggett with his uncanny likeness of my father.

 

My father's photograph sometime in his early fifties

 

I read somewhere that as you get older there comes a time when you look in the mirror and suddenly see your father's face. Call me Arthur Hoggett!