Thursday, September 7, 2023

Planted for my mate Noel

 

We used to do volunteer work at the local Botanical Gardens more than twenty years ago, during which time we sponsored two trees, one in memory of my father and the other I planted in remembrance of my old mate from my New Guinea days, Noel Butler, who's been dead since 1995 which is almost as long as we've been best friends.

 

Planted for "meinen Vater Franz-Karl Görmann"

 

Both his tree and my father's tree burnt down in the New Year's Eve fires of 2019 but have been lovingly replanted, even though my father's plaque was slightly "Australianised" during the remake.

 

 

I guess I'll never see them grow to their full height again but since they are conveniently situated close to this gazebo near the Arboretum, they will be easy to find during future visits.