Wednesday, September 20, 2023

I refuse to comment on her sartorial taste

 

Is this the Woman from Snowy River or just some misguided sartorial taste? Anyway, it confirms the rumours I had already heard that 5 Sproxton Lane was going to come up for sale. It was Nelligen's first million-dollar sale when it sold for $1.2 million in February 2012 (the previous owners, Pam & Jack, having bought it fourteen years earlier for $240,000, had quintupled their money).

 

 

And here it is again, to be auctioned on 12 October 2023 - click here. It'll be interesting to see what it sells for, as it would become the benchmark for all the other properties in Sproxton Lane - and a starting point for "Riverbend" which is so much larger and better, even if I say so myself.

 

The yellow arrow points to "Riverbend"

 

Putting this sale in the hands of a Canberra agent seems the way to go, and so I dropped them a short note: "Interesting to see this property come up for auction; its sales price would certainly set a new benchmark for properties in this lane as the last sale was several years ago. I am not a potential buyer but a potential seller as I own the 7-acre property known as "Riverbend" at 35 Sproxton Lane. So far I have stayed away from local agents as properties of this sort and at this price find their buyers not locally but in Canberra or Sydney, so don't be surprised if I contact you again once the auction result is known (any idea on the reserve price?)"

 

 

P.S. Just had the answer back from the agent: they expect a sales price of between $1,800,000 and $2,000,000. Let's see what happens on the 12th.