Saturday, April 27, 2024

"Where would you go?"

 

 

We've just come back from our walk around the village. A chap whose dog we've been admiring told us last week that he's selling up to be with his ailing father. This morning we met him again. "Are you still selling? I haven't seen your house on the internet", I said. "It's sold already", he replied.

He had bought it in 2020 for $460,000, and listed it for sale last week for $950,000. Before they could even put up the FOR SALE-sign and the advertisement onto the internet, someone walked in and paid full price.
(It had sold in 2000 for $107,000 and in 2006 again for only $320,000)

Which makes my friends' question even more pertinent: "Where would you go if Riverbend suddenly sold?" I don't think the word 'suddenly' comes into it as cashed-up buyers in my price range aren't all that plentiful.

As long as the sale will be a pre-Deceased Estate Sale and I can still drive out in my own car before they drive me out in a hearse, I'm happy to keep looking for my next dream house wherever that may be - see floorplan.

Instead of burying your millions like a past neighbour used to do - see here - invest them in an asset-test-exempt home so you can still qualify for your age pension - click here. Every other Australian seems to do it!