Tuesday, February 6, 2024

What's wrong with it?

 

Right in the heart of the village: 7 Barang Street

 

For most of my life I was running out of money; now I have all the money I need but I'm running out of time which means I'll probably never move north again. Still, thanks to the internet I can keep an eye on my favourite place, Kuranda, up in the hills and cool rain forests west of Cairns.

There've been several properties in Kuranda I've been interested in - some of which I wrote about in past postings - but, of course, I was never quite ready to make a move, and they eventually all sold. The last one which interested me was right in the heart of the village at 7 Barang Street.

 

 

I like houses like these: with a bit of character and history, within walking distance to everything in the village, and small and simple and humble enough not to attract the envious attention of any jealous neighbours.

Like all the others, it too sold, this one as recently as two months ago, in December 2023, for $520,000. So I was more than just a little surprised when I saw it re-advertised this morning for sale at "Over $529,000".

 

 

The same agent who sold it in December is selling it again. So I emailed David Hall, the man who's "keeping real estate real", "What's wrong with it?" Not that I expect an honest answer, or even an answer at all.

 


 

P.S. I did receive a reply: "There was a last-minute boundary discrepancy which stopped the property settling, the land area is 950 sqm not 1012 sqm. We are currently going through the steps to have this rectified."